Monday, November 8, 2010

Green Point

Thursday we spent exploring Green Point which is this area around the football stadium.

The stadium itself I haven't actually bothered to take a photo of yet. It's opposite our hostel (which is why I was so surprised when I heard they'd been disappointed with the world cup, but I suppose it depends on which teams were there) and is bowl shaped in white. They're still building the shiny road arrangement which was meant to be there for the travellers.

The park behind was closed for some reason, apparently still building it again, but we walked round and found THE SEA.

Moving round there was a lighthouse which is now some way inland, along a beautiful stretch of coastline. It really gave the feel of being the Atlantic and the waves were huge, causing us to abandon sections of the coast path, sometimes in a hurry.

Further round we decided to quench the thirsty of our long journey on a rooftop. The theme, set to be "now we are really on holiday", naturally led me to buy the Economist, I still haven't fully worked that one out.

I also spotted their Pimm's selection (had to order one of course). They had on offer classic Pimm's with lemonade to which I had to beg them not to add pineapple, and with ginger beer. Now in the UCL Conservative Society we created a few summers ago our house cocktail. Our patron is Nicholas Soames and it was invented at the bash after campaigning for him so it was called a Soames, and consists of Pimms and ginger beer. Naturally I was so delighted at seeing a Soames on sale in South Africa that I had to record it.
Then Sandra came back to the hostel and found some more Germans to talk to. Naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment